French Beauty Haul - The Staples

If you follow me on Instagram, you will know that I went to France with my Goop French Pharmacy List in hand.  I actually have to blame Gwyneth Paltrow for my newfound skincare obsession.  I have always been obsessed with makeup and all things beauty, but my skincare routine has always been such a hassle to me.  It wasn't until I found all of these amazing French skincare products that my nighttime routine started turning into a spa routine and one that I look forward to every night.

In this post, I want to share with you the cult favorites and staples that I picked up while I was over in France at a couple different pharmacies but mostly at City Pharma.  I have a lot more posts to share with you because I went a little hog wild over there and not only picked up the cult favorites, but also enough skincare to keep my face clean and happy for the next year.  I thought I would start with the basics and what I thought of them.

Bioderma Crealine Micellaire - This cleansing water is all over beauty bloggers and makeup artists sites.  Bioderma is fabulous for taking off all of your makeup (eye makeup and lipstick too).   I really like how well it takes the makeup off and that it doesn't have any smell to it.  I'm currently comparing some alternatives to Bioderma since it is so much more expensive to buy it over in the United States than it is in France.

Homeoplasmine - This balm seems to be very similar to Aquaphor in the US, but with other homeopathic ingredients that help with dry skin (lips, cuticles, scrapes, etc).  It also has a matte appearance which can be nice when wearing on your lips underneath lipstick.

Avene Eau Thermale - I've never used a facial spray before, but I thought I would give it a try.  It's supposed to sooth your skin if it's irritated or dehydrated.  It can be used to set your make-up or refresh and hydrate your skin throughout the day.  There are a lot of facial sprays out there to choose from.  Two others that I have bought since coming back from France are the Caudalie Beauty Elixir & Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray.  I feel that the Caudalie & Mario Badescu offer more benefits - essential oils, aloe, etc versus the Avene.  But I will still use all three since the Avene makes a more travel/purse size friendly one and then I have the other two at home and in the car.

Biafine - This cream is AMAZING on sunburns!  You can actually put it on your dry spots and your lips, but I am in awe of how quick this cream takes away a sunburn.  I had a couple of sunburns this summer and the amount that the sunburned was reduced with one application of this cream really impressed me.

NUXE Huile de Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil - This oil is great for using on your damaged hair and as an all over body oil.  There is something so delicious about the smell of this oil.  The smell reminds me of being a kid at the beach and it's completely addictive.  I love using it as a layer underneath my moisturizer when I'm feeling especially dry.

NUXE Reve de Miel Lip Balm - I love this lip balm!  Not only does it feel moisturizing and nourishing but it feels like it really stays on your lips.  Reve de Miel also has a matte look to it, which is perfect for underneath your matte lipsticks!  It has a a great honey smell as well.

Embroylisse Lait-Creme Concentrate -  This cult phenomena skincare product is said to be used by makeup artists in many different ways.  You are able to use it as a makeup remover, moisturizer and a makeup primer.  The smell of this cream reminds me of creams that my mom used to use when I was growing up.  There is also something that seems to be so very French about the scent.  I've really enjoyed using this mostly as my nighttime moisturizer.   After I have cleansed my face and put on my serum then I moisturize with the Lait-Creme Concentrate.  I have combination skin and I have not had a problem with this causing me to break out.  On days that my skin feels on the drier side I will use this as my primer/moisturizer layer under my makeup.

Klorane Dry Shampoo - Dry shampoos are popping up everywhere but Klorane has been making one that is a huge favorite.  I'm a huge fan of being able to go a couple days without shampooing and restyling my hair.  It has a pretty good smell and is gentle on your hair.  I was excited to hear that they have come out with ones that are for people with dark hair because this one still left a white residue like my old favorite, PSSST.

Most of these items can be found on Amazon, Ebay and some retailers in the UK (FeelUnique & Look Fantastic) that will ship to the United States.  Of course the cheapest place to buy these products is at City Pharma in Paris, but it can cost a pretty penny to get yourself over there too! Happy shopping!

Au Revoir,




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Living in Paris makes me be able to take advantage of having these products anywhere near home. and when hey have 2x1 sales! I can go nuts.
    I can't live without the NUXE huille prodigieuse. I have the regular and sparkly dust version. They smell divine and I get compliments over it. Makes my skin feel and smell like sexy and velvety. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria - I'm so jealous that you live in Paris. It is my favorite city in the world. I got engaged there. Jealous that you can go to City Pharma whenever you want. The NUXE Huile Prodigieuse has the best smell. I just wish that we could get La Roche Posay Serozinc here in the US. Cheers, Melissa XX

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure why Canada has a few of these products, but Bioderma and Avene were readily available in a lot of drug stores (mainly Shoppers Drug Mart). Too bad California isn't close to the border! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy - I would love it if Bioderma was available in the US. I'm not sure why Cleansing Waters are not as popular here. I have found a cheaper version of Bioderma by Garnier and I've found it really similar. I need to do a post soon comparing all the cleansing waters I have tried.

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Share your thoughts or questions here!